Place:


Alpraham  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alpraham like this:

ALPRAHAM, a township in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; near the Chester canal, 2 miles N of Calverley r. station, and 3½ ESE of Tarporley. It has a post office under Tarporley. Acres, 1,596. Real property, £2,691. Pop., 530. Houses, 99. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Alpraham through time

Alpraham is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alpraham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alpraham, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3549

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alpraham ".