Place:


Llanfihangel Trer Bardd  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Trer Bardd like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-TRE-'R-BEIRDD, a village and a parish in the district and county of Anglesey. The village stands 2 miles E of Llanerchymedd r. station; was a favourite retreat of the Welsh bards; took from that circumstance the latter part of its name; and has a post office under Bangor. The parish comprises 1,570 acres. ...


Real property, £1,221. Pop., 356. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. A cromlech, with a table-stone 10 feet long and 8 feet broad, is on Bodafon hill; and another, of small size and in a fractured state, is near Barras. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llandyfrydog, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is later English and single-aisled, and was recently in disrepair. An ancient cross is in the churchyard.

Llanfihangel Trer Bardd through time

Llanfihangel Trer Bardd is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Trer Bardd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Trer Bardd in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3542

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Trer Bardd ".