Place:


Everton  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Everton like this:

EVERTON, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; on the verge of the county, 1¾ mile NW of Potton r. station, and 4½ NNE of Biggleswade. It has a post office under St. Neots. Acres, 975. Real property, £1, 300. Pop., 248. Houses, 49. Everton Hall is a chief residence. An extensive tract of bog has been drained by steam power. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Tetworth, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200.* Patron, Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church is small. There are a national school and charities £6.

Everton through time

Everton is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Everton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Everton in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3538

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Everton ".