Place:


Heath and Reach  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Heath and Reach like this:

HEATH AND REACH, a chapelry in Leighton-Buzzard parish, Beds; on the Grand Junction canal, adjacent to Bucks, 2¼ miles N of Leighton-Buzzard r. station. Post town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 2, 279. Real property, £4, 214. Pop., 953. Houses, 212. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Col. H. Hanmer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Leighton-Buzzard. The church is modern, and has a low square tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £5.

Heath and Reach through time

Heath and Reach is now part of South Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Heath and Reach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Heath and Reach in South Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3536

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Heath and Reach ".