Place:


Coddington  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coddington like this:

CODDINGTON, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; under the Malvern Hills, near the Worcester and Hereford railway, not far from Colwall station, 3 ½ miles N of Ledbury. Post town, Bosbury, under Ledbury. Acres, 1, 076. Real property, £1, 613. Pop., 168. Houses, 30. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £170.* Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is old, and has a wooden tower. Charities, £37.

Coddington through time

Coddington is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coddington in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3528

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coddington ".