Place:


Colmworth  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Colmworth like this:

COLMWORTH, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 5 miles WSW of St. Neots r. station, and 7½ NE of Bedford. Post town, St. Neots. Acres, 2, 310. Real property, £2, 026. Pop., 527. Houses, 114. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £179.* Patron, the Rev. R. W. Gery. The church is early English, has a fine spire, and is good.

Colmworth through time

Colmworth is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Colmworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Colmworth, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3520

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Colmworth ".