In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llaneugrad like this:
LLANEUGRAD, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Anglesey; near Red Wharf bay, 5¼ miles E of Llanerchymedd r. station. Post town, Pentraeth, under Bangor. Acres, 2,695. Real property, £1,095. Pop., 276. Houses, 65. The property is divided between two. There are an ancient manor-house and park, with a curious Tudor pigeon-house. Limestone and marble are found. Roderic Mawr obtained a victory here, in 803, over the Danes. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Llanallgo, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £216. * Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Ingrid, and was recently restored. Charities, £3.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llaneugrad has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llaneugrad and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llaneugrad in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llaneugrad".