Place:


Llandyfalle  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandyfalle like this:

LLANDEFALLEY, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Brecon; near the Llanidloes, Builth, and Talyllyn railway, 5 miles NE of Brecon. Post town, Brecon. Acres, 8,509. Real property, £4,412. Pop., 687. Houses, 142.—The parish is cut into two divisions, N and S. Trebarried was a seat of the Vaughans, and is now a farm-house. ...


Trebris was a seat of the Bois family, and is now a ruin. There is a sulphureous spring; and there are traces of an ancient camp. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Crickadarn, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Matthew; is early English, with timbered roof and stained glass windows; and contains effigies of two bishops. Charities, £8.

Llandyfalle through time

Llandyfalle is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandyfalle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandyfalle, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3489

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandyfalle ".