Place:


Ashurst  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashurst like this:

ASHURST, a parish in Tunbridge district, Kent; on the verge of the county, at the river Medway, 5 miles W of Tunbridge Wells r. station. Post Town, Langton Green under Tunbridge Wells. Acres, 891. Real property, £1,956. Pop., 247. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. Ashurst Park, the seat of G. Field, Esq., is in the east. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £207.* Patron, Countess Delawarr. The church is tolerable.

Ashurst through time

Ashurst is now part of Tunbridge Wells district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tunbridge Wells has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashurst, in Tunbridge Wells and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3488

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashurst ".