Place:


Hardley  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardley like this:

HARDLEY, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 2½ miles NE of Loddon, and 3 SW of Reedham r. station. Post-town, Loddon, under Norwich. Acres, 1,469. Real property, £2,524. Pop., 271. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir William B. Proctor, Bart. Part of the land is marsh. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £150. Patrons, the Corporation of Norwich. The church has a round tower, and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, charities £11, and a cross of the date 1543.

Hardley through time

Hardley is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardley in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3471

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardley ".