Place:


Ellingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ellingham like this:

ELLINGHAM, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; at the verge of the county, on the river Waveney, adjacent to the Waveney Valley railway, 2½ miles NE by E of Bungay. It has a side station on the railway. Post town, Bungay. Acres, 1, 379. Real property, £2, 928. Pop., 386. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich Value, £414.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is very good; and there are charities £51.

Ellingham through time

Ellingham is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ellingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ellingham in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3470

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ellingham ".