In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Higher Kinnerton like this:
KINNERTON (HIGHER), a township in Doddleston parish, Flint; contiguous to Cheshire, 4 miles SW by W of Chester. It contains the hamlets of Kinnerton Bridge, Kinnerton Green, Waters Green, and Babylon. Acres, 1,817. Real property, £2, 674. Pop-, 411. Houses, 87. Kinnerton Bridge Hall is a chief residence; and adjoins a streamlet which here divides England from Wales.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Higher Kinnerton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Higher Kinnerton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Higher Kinnerton in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Higher Kinnerton".