Place:


Granston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Granston like this:

GRANSTON, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; near the coast, 5 miles SW of Fishguard, and 13 NNW of Haverfordwest r. station. Post town, Fishguard, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1, 639. Real property, £1, 121. Pop., 156. Houses, 31. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of St. Nicholas, in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £316. Patron, the Bishop of St. Davids. The church contains monuments of the Harrieses.

Granston through time

Granston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Granston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Granston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3442

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Granston ".