Place:


Bromham  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bromham like this:

BROMHAM, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; on the river Ouse, 2 miles SW of Oakley r. station, and 4 WNW of Bedford. Post Town, Bedford. Acres, 1,798. Real property, £2,988. Pop., 361. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. Bromham Hall is the seat of the Trevors. ...


A bridge of 25 arches crosses the Ouse at the village. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Oakley, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £336.* Patron, Eton College. The church is very ancient but good; has a square tower; and contains monuments of the Trevors and the Dyves. There is a free school.

Bromham through time

Bromham is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bromham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bromham, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3397

Date accessed: 25th February 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bromham ".