Place:


Nymet Rowland  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nymet Rowland like this:

NYMET-ROWLAND, formerly Rowlands-Leigh, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; on the river Taw, and on the North Devon railway, adjacent to Lapford r.station, and 4 miles S S E of Chulmleigh. Post-town, Chulmleigh, North Devon. Acres, 595. Real property, £598. Pop., 111. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £70. Patron, the Rev. T. R. Dickinson. The church stands on an eminence, commanding a delightful view of the surrounding country; is nearly covered with ivy over both body and tower; and was recently in bad condition.

Nymet Rowland through time

Nymet Rowland is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nymet Rowland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nymet Rowland in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3394

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nymet Rowland ".