Place:


Brandon Parva  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brandon Parva like this:

BRANDON (Little), or Brandon-Parva, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 2 miles NNE of Hardingham r. station, and 5 N W by N of Wymondham. Post Town, Wymondham. Acres, 979. Real property, £1,886. Pop., 208. Houses, 44. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £281. Patron, Isaac Preston, Esq. The church was restored in 1861. An endowed school has £12; and other charities, £13.

Brandon Parva through time

Brandon Parva is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brandon Parva itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brandon Parva in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3386

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brandon Parva ".