Place:


Llanedern  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanedern like this:

LLANEDARN, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the river Rumney, at the boundary with Monmouth, and near the South Wales railway, 5 miles NE by N of Cardiff. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 2,636. Real property, £2,121. Pop. in 1851,338; in 1861,289. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. Cevn-Mably and Ruperra are chief residences. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St. Mellons, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. Edlyrn, and was reported in 1859 as not good.

Llanedern through time

Llanedern is now part of Cardiff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cardiff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanedern itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanedern, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3383

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanedern ".