Place:


Shalden  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shalden like this:

SHALDEN, a parish in Alton district, Hants; 2½ miles N W of Alton r. station. Post-town, Alton. Acres, 1, 509. Real property, £1, 396. Pop., 185. Houses, 37. The manor belongs to J. Wood, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £331.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient.

Shalden through time

Shalden is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shalden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shalden in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3372

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shalden ".