Place:


Tacolneston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tacolneston like this:

TACOLNESTON, or Tacolston, a parish, with a village, in Depwade district, Norfolk; 2¼ miles WNW of Forncett r. station, and 4½ SSE of Wymondham. It has a post-office under Wymondham. Acres, 1,580. Real property, £3,156. Pop., 452. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. T. Hall is the seat of F. G. Boileau, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £498. Patron, J.Warren, Esq. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £20.

Tacolneston through time

Tacolneston is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tacolneston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tacolneston in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3367

Date accessed: 27th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tacolneston ".