Place:


Washfield  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Washfield like this:

WASHFIELD, a parish and a sub-district in Tiverton district, Devon. The parish lies 2½ miles NNW of Tiverton r. station, and contains a village of its own name. Post town, Tiverton. Acres, 3,319. Real property, £3,689. Pop., 471. Houses, 83. About one half of the land, with Worth House, belongs to J. ...


F. Worth, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £407.* Patron, J. F. Worth, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a national school, and charities £28.—The sub-district contains 7 parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 22,412. Pop., 2,731. Houses, 528.

Washfield through time

Washfield is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Washfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Washfield in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3307

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Washfield ".