In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Nympton like this:
KINGS-NYMPTON, a village and a parish in South Molton district, Devon. The village stands near the river Mole, 2½ miles E of South Molton Road r. station And 31/2 N of Chulmleigh The parish comprises 5, 539 acres. Post town, South Molton, North Devon. Real property, £3, 995. Pop., 697. Houses, 158. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to H. M. Byne, Esq. King's-Nympton Park is the seat of James Tanner, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £376. * Patron, the Rev. W. Nicholson. The church is ancient; consists of nave, S aisle, N transept, and chancel, with tower and spire; and has a handsome carved oak screen. There are a chapel for Bible Christians, and an endowed school with £15 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kings Nympton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Devon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kings Nympton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Nympton in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kings Nympton".