Place:


Llantysilio  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llantysilio like this:

LLANDYSILIO, or LLANTYSILIO, a parish in the district of Corwen and county of Denbigh; on the river Dee, 2 miles N W of Llangollen r. station. It comprises the townships of Coedwrg, Cymmo, Llandynam, and Maesrychen; and its Post town is Llangollen. Acres, 7,919. Real property, £5,013. Pop. ...


in 1851,1,019; in 1861, 1,129. Houses, 223. Llandysilio Hall is a chief residence. The beautiful ruins of Valle Crucis abbey are here, but will be separately noticed. Limestone and slate are quarried. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £115. Patron, Sir W. W. Wynn, Bart.

Llantysilio through time

Llantysilio is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llantysilio itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llantysilio in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3245

Date accessed: 23rd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llantysilio ".