Place:


Woodford  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodford like this:

WOODFORD, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 2 miles ESE of Handforth r. station, and 5 S by W of Stockport. Post town, Stockport. Acres, 1,449. Real property, £3,379. Pop., 392. Houses, 74. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value and patron, not reported. The church is plain. There is a national school.

Woodford through time

Woodford is now part of Stockport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stockport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodford, in Stockport and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3228

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodford ".