Place:


Llanbadarn Y Garreg  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbadarn Y Garreg like this:

LLANBADARN-Y-GARREG, a parochial chapelry in the district of Builth and county of Radnor; on the river Edw, 5 miles SE by E of Builth r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 900. Real property, £454. Pop., 59. Houses, 13. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Cregrina, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £13.

Llanbadarn Y Garreg through time

Llanbadarn Y Garreg is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanbadarn Y Garreg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbadarn Y Garreg, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3218

Date accessed: 20th October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanbadarn Y Garreg ".