Place:


Cerrigceinwen  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cerrigceinwen like this:

CERRIG-CEINWEN, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; 3 miles N of Bodorgan r. station, and 5½ NE of Aberffraw. Post Town, Llangefni, under Bangor. Acres, 1,582. Real property, £1,621. Pop., 465. Houses, 108. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Llangristiolus, in the diocese of Bangor. The church was built in 1861; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret and vestry.

Cerrigceinwen through time

Cerrigceinwen is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cerrigceinwen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cerrigceinwen in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3192

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cerrigceinwen ".