Place:


Boveney  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boveney like this:

BOVENEY, a chapelry in Burnham parish, Bucks; on the River Thames, near the Great Western railway, 2 miles W of Eton. Post Town, Dorney, under Windsor. Acres, 480. Rated property, £657. Pop., 152. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Burnham, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is good.

Boveney through time

Boveney is now part of South Bucks district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bucks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boveney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boveney, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3185

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boveney ".