In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandysiliogogo like this:
LLANDISILIO-GOGO, a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the coast, 7¼ miles SW of Aberayron, and 16 WNW of Lampeter r. station. It is cut into two divisions, lower and upper; and the lower div. contains the village of Penybont. Post town, New Quay, under Carmarthen. Acres, 10,224. Real property, £3,581. Pop., 1,315. Houses, 306. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged to the Parrys or Ap Harrys of Gernos. Cwm Tydwr belonged to the Tudors. Remains exist of two ancient fortifications; the one 200 feet in diameter, and double-ditched; the other 204 feet in diameter, and called Cilian or Y Garnwen. ...
The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £313.* Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Tysilio; is ancient; contains a screen, a piscina, and an octagonal font; and was recently repaired. The p. curacy of Capel-Cynon is a separate benefice.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llandysiliogogo has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llandysiliogogo and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandysiliogogo, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandysiliogogo".