Place:


Llananno  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llananno like this:

LLANANNO, a parish in Knighton district, Radnor; on the river Ithon, 10 miles N W by W of Rhayader r. station. Post town, Newtown, Montgomeryshire. Acres, 4,400. Real property, £1,590. Pop., 358. Houses, 60-Slight remains exist of Castle Dynbod, a very strong fortress, demolished in 1640 by Llewelyn ap Grufydd. There is a mineral spring. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Llanbadarn-Fynydd, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £150. Patron, the Chancellor of Brecon Collegiate Church. The church is dedicated to St. Wonno.

Llananno through time

Llananno is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llananno itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llananno, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3148

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llananno ".