Place:


Gartheli  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gartheli like this:

GARTHELY, a chapelry in Llanddewi-brefi parish, Cardigan; near the river Ayron, 6½ miles WSW of Tregaron r. station, and 17½ S of Aberystwith. Post town, Lampeter, under Carmarthen. Acres, 2, 475. Real property, £561. Pop., 296. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £60. Patron, the Incumbent of Llanddewi-brefi. The church is good.

Gartheli through time

Gartheli is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gartheli itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gartheli, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3125

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gartheli ".