Place:


Warnford  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warnford like this:

WARNFORD,a parish, with W. village and Rivers down hamlet, in Droxford district, Hants; 6 miles NE of Bishops-Waltham r. station. It has a post-office under Southampton, and an inn. Acres, 3,057. Real property, £4,073. Pop., 460. Houses, 82. W. Park is the seat of H. Woods, Esq. Remains of an ancient manor-house, popularly called King John's House, and forming a fine relic of early domestic architecture, are in the grounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £502.* Patron, the Rev. J. Wynne. The church is early English, with a Norman tower.

Warnford through time

Warnford is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warnford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warnford, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3109

Date accessed: 21st September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warnford ".