Place:


Betws Leucu  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Betws Leucu like this:

BETTWS-LEIKI, or Bettws-Lleuce, a parochial chapelry in Tregaron district, Cardigan; on the river Ayron, 5 miles WSW of Tregaron r. station, and 18 NW of Llandovery. Post Town, Llandewy-Brevi, under Carmarthen.-Acres, 2,342. Real property, £2,393. Pop., 349. Houses, 72. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £50. Patron, the Incumbent of Llandewy-Brevi. The church needs repair.

Betws Leucu through time

Betws Leucu is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Betws Leucu itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Betws Leucu, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3099

Date accessed: 11th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Betws Leucu ".