In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbadarn Trefeglwys like this:
ILLANBADARN-TREF-EGLWYS, or LLANBADARNFACH, a parish, with a village, in Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the river Arth, near the coast, 3 miles ENE of Aberayron, and 11 NW of Lampeter r. station. Posttown, Aberayron, under Carmarthen. Acres, 6,283. Real property, £2,488. Pop., 948. Houses, 213. The property is divided among a few. The suffix Tref-Eglwys, in the name of the parish, signifies ''three churches, ''and alludes to the existence formerly of three churches here, two of which have disappeared. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £45. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church was formerly collegiate, and had a prebend; and it is in good condition. There are two Calvinistic Methodist chapels
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanbadarn Trefeglwys has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanbadarn Trefeglwys and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbadarn Trefeglwys, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanbadarn Trefeglwys".