In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Erbistock like this:
ERBISTOCK, a parish in the district of Wrexham, and counties of Denbigh and Flint; on the river Dee, 4¼ miles ESE of Ruabon r. station, and 5 NW of Ellesmere. Post town, Overton, under Wrexham. Acres of the Denbigh portion, 1, 559. Real property, £1, 700. Pop., 227. Houses, 50. Acres of the Flint portion, 43. Real property, £1, 053. Pop., 110. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to Bangor priory. Erbistock Hall is the seat of W. Brancker, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £254.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Erbistock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wrexham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Erbistock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Erbistock, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Erbistock".