Place:


Hardingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardingham like this:

HARDINGHAM, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the Dereham Junction of the Great Eastern railway, 5½ miles NW of Wymondham. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Hingham, under Attleborough. Acres, 2, 415. Real property, £4, 922. Pop., 527. Houses, 122. The manor of Hardingham and Flockthorpe belongs to Lord Wadehouse. ...


Hardingham Hall is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £770. * Patron, Clare College, Cambridge. The church is early English, and in excellent repair; and there are charities £12. Sir Thomas Gresham was a native.

Hardingham through time

Hardingham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardingham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3071

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardingham ".