Place:


North Pickenham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Pickenham like this:

PICKENHAM (North), a parish, with a village, in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 3¾ miles S E of Swaffham r. station. Post-town, Swaffham. Acres, 1, 590. Real property, £1, 920. Pop., 287. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. There are two barrows. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Houghton-on-the-Hill, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £482. Patron, E. Farrer, Esq. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1864. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and charities £20.

North Pickenham through time

North Pickenham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Pickenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Pickenham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3070

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Pickenham ".