Place:


Whinburgh  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whinburgh like this:

WHINBERGH, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 1 mile S by E of Yaxham r. station, and 3½ S by E of East Dereham. Post town, Yaxham, under Thetford. Acres, 1,241. Real property, £2,090. Pop., 220. Houses, 49. The manor belongs to Mrs. Grigson. The living is a rectory, united with Westfield, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £283.* Patron, the Rev. W. Grigson. The church is good. Charities, £11.

Whinburgh through time

Whinburgh is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whinburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whinburgh, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3069

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whinburgh ".