Place:


Little Abington  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Abington like this:

ABINGTON (Little), a parish in Linton district, Cambridge; adjoining the N side of Great Abington. Acres, 1,120. Real property, £1,680. Pop., 316. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £87.* Patron, T. Mortlock, Esq. The church belonged to Pentney Abbey, is in good condition, and contains tombs of the Daltons.

Little Abington through time

Little Abington is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Abington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Abington in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3066

Date accessed: 13th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Abington ".