Place:


Lea by Backford  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lea By Backford like this:

LEA, a township in Backford parish, Cheshire; on the Ellesmere canal, near Mollington r. station, 3½ miles NNW of Chester. Acres, 684. Real property, £678. Pop., 85. Houses, 15. Most of the property belongs to J. Fielden, Esq.

Lea by Backford through time

Lea By Backford is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lea By Backford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lea by Backford, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3060

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lea By Backford ".