In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbadrig like this:
LLANBADRIG, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; on the coast at Cemmaes bay, 4½ miles W by N of Amlwch r. station. It contains the townships of Cemmaes and Clygyrog, the former of which has a postoffice under Amlwch. Acres, 4,097. Real property, £1,460. Pop. in 1851,1,281; in 1861,1,187. Houses, 296. The property is subdivided. Ynys-Badrig, or Mouse-rock, lies off the coast. The rocks include marble, limestone, and serpentine. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. ...
Value, £169. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The old church stands on a cliff, overlooking the sea; is an ancient structure, in good condition; succeeded one which is said to have been founded by St. Patrick, on his way to Ireland; and is still used for marriages and burials. The new church stands in the village of Cemmaes, and was built in 1864. There are two Independent chapels, two Calvinistic Methodist chapels, an endowed school with £24 a year, and other charities £11.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanbadrig has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanbadrig and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbadrig in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanbadrig".