Place:


Ash  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ash like this:

ASH, or Ash-next-Ridley, a parish in Dartford district, Kent; 6 miles S of Northfleet r. station, and 7 SSE of Dartford. It includes the hamlets of Hodsol-Street and West-York and part of Culverstone-Green; and it has a post office under Sevenoaks. Acres, 3,023. Real property, £4,761. Pop., 587. Houses, 132. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £548.* Patron, W. Lambarde, Esq. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Ash through time

Ash is now part of Tonbridge and Malling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tonbridge and Malling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ash, in Tonbridge and Malling and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3040

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ash ".