Place:


Kingston  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston like this:

KINGSTON, a village and a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge. The village stands adjacent to the Cambridge and Bedford railway, 2 miles E by N of Old North Road station, and 3 SE of Caxton; and had formerly a weekly market and two fairs. The parish comprises 1,807 acres. Post town, Caxton, under Royston. Real property, £2, 646. Pop., 313. Houses, 62. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, not reported. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church comprises nave, aisles, and chancel, with S porch and very low tower. Charities, £26.

Kingston through time

Kingston is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3024

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston ".