Place:


Elmstone  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elmstone like this:

ELMSTONE, a parish in Eastry district, Kent; near the river Stour, 2 miles S of Grove-Ferry r. station, and 2½ NNE of Wingham. Post town, Stourmouth, under Sandwich. Acres, 432. Real property, £1, 198. Pop., 75. Houses, 17. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £240.* Patron, W. Delmar, Esq. The church is good.

Elmstone through time

Elmstone is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elmstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elmstone, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2975

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elmstone ".