Place:


Farleton  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farleton like this:

FARLETON, a township in Beetham parish, Westmoreland; on the river Beetha, near the Lancaster canal, 2½ miles ESE of Milnthorpe. Acres, 1, 175. Pop., 92. Houses, 13. A limestone eminence here, called Fadeton Knot, has an appearance similar to the Rock of Gibraltar.

Farleton through time

Farleton is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farleton, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2971

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farleton ".