Place:


Letheringsett  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Letheringsett like this:

LETHERINGSETT, a village and a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk. The village stands on the river Glarvin, 1 mile W by N of Holt, and 8½ E by N of Walsingham r. station; is a pretty place; and has a postoffice under Thetford. The parish comprises 853 acres. Real property, £2,109. ...


Pop., 323. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The Hall is the seat of W. H.Hardy, Esq. There is a large brewery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £227.* Patron, the Rev. H. Browne. The church was built soon after the Norman conquest, has a round tower, and is in good condition.

Letheringsett through time

Letheringsett is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Letheringsett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Letheringsett in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2924

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Letheringsett ".