Place:


Sturston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sturston like this:

STURSTON, a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk: 4½ miles SSW of Watton r. station. Post town, Thetford. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £904. Pop., 75. Houses, 10. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £28. Patron, Lord Walsingham. There is no church.

Sturston through time

Sturston is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sturston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sturston, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2908

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sturston ".