Place:


Warbstow  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warbstow like this:

WARBSTOW, a parish in Launceston district, Cornwall; 8½ miles WNW of Launceston r. station. Post town, Camelford. Acres, 4,104. Real property, £2,153. Pop., 419. Houses, 82. W. barrow is a large ancient fortification; and has, in its centre, a mound locally called King Arthur's grave. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Treneglos. There are two dissenting chapels and a national school.

Warbstow through time

Warbstow is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warbstow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warbstow in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2906

Date accessed: 16th January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warbstow ".