Place:


Crunwear  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crunwear like this:

CRUNWEAR, or Cronwere, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; on the verge of the county, 4 miles S by E of Whitland r. station, and 5½ ESE of Narberth. It includes the village of Llanteague; and its post town is Whitland, under Narberth. Acres, 1, 690-Real property, £1, 217. Pop., 261. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £100.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Crunwear through time

Crunwear is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crunwear itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crunwear in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2901

Date accessed: 18th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crunwear ".