Place:


Llanfaglan  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfaglan like this:

LLANFAGLAN, or LLANFAGLADEN, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Carnarvon; on the Menai strait, 2 miles SW by S of Carnarvon r. station. Post town, Carnarvon. Acres, 1,884; of which 612 are water. Real property, £1,231. Pop., 253. Houses, 48. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanwnda, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Baglan, contains an ancient inscribed stone, and was recently in a very dilapidated state.

Llanfaglan through time

Llanfaglan is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfaglan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfaglan, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2862

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfaglan ".