Place:


Boningale  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boningale like this:

BONINGALE, or Boninghall, a parish in Shiffnall district, Salop; on the verge of the county, 1½ mile S by W of Albrighton r. station, and 5 ½ SE of Shiffnall. Post Town, Albrighton, under Wolverhampton. Acres, 1,003. Real property, £2,198. Pop., 187. Houses, 38. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £260. Patron,T. Whitmore, Esq.

Boningale through time

Boningale is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boningale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boningale, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2861

Date accessed: 16th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boningale ".