In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:
WESTON, a parish, with a village and three hamlets, in Hitchin district, Herts; 3 miles SSE of Baldock r. station. It has a post-office under Stevenage, and a fair on 11 June. Acres, 4,530. Real property, £6,240. Pop., 1,196. Houses, 234. W. Park is the seat of M. Pryor, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £216.* Patron,C. Hale, Esq-The church is ancient. There are Wesleyan and Catholic Apostolic chapels, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Hertfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston".